2 loose handfuls of dried pasta per person - cook it at breakfast and let it cool or use the leftovers from last night's tea
2 spoons of pesto per person (green or red) - stir it into the warm pasta once drained
6-8 cherry tomatoes - halved / 1 salad tomato - diced
30g torn mozzerella / diced feta or vegan cheese
A small handful of nuts like pine nuts, cashews or walnuts
Leftover cooked or raw veg
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet
2. Once cooked, drain the pasta and stir in the pesto so that all the pasta is lightly covered
If you are going to eat it hot...
3. Add in the tomatoes and cheese for a classic feel or throw in any leftover veg or meat for a tasty use-up treat
4. Once you've added all of your toppings give it a good stir and enjoy
If you are making it for your lunch box...
3. Spread the pasta out on a tray and let it cool
4. Pop it in you lunch box
5. Add in the tomatoes and cheese for a classic feel or throw in any leftover veg or meat for a tasty use-up treat
6. You can make this in bulk, box it up and it will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. Take it out of the fridge and let it warm up a little for 5 minutes before you enjoy.