Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 can of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp of cajun seasoning
400g easy cook rice
1 yellow and 1 red pepper - small dice
4 spring onions - sliced
100g chorizo - diced
50g frozen peas / sweetcorn
A handful of chopped parsley
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes into a large microwavable bowl, add the rice and using the can of tomatoes fill with water and pour over the rice and tomatoes until covered.
- Stir in the cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Now add the peppers, spring onions and chorizo.
- Stir well, cover with cling film and microwave for- 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and stir again
- Add the peas and sweetcorn.
- Pop back in the microwave for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and check everything is cooked - mostly the rice, give it a further 5 minutes if needed.
- Leave to sit for a minute and then stir through the parsley before serving.