Feeds 2 / 3
150g brown rice
1 red, yellow or orange pepper - diced
2 tomatoes - diced
1 avocado - diced
1 small carrot - grated
1 lime - zested and juiced
1tsp olive oil
20g desiccated coconut
1. Cook your rice fresh, as extra to a meal or use up some leftover
2. In a bowl mix the diced pepper, tomato, avocado and grated carrot with the lime zest, olive oil, half the lime juice and a pinch of salt - give it a little taste and add more lime juice if you think it needs it
If you like it hot try stirring in some finely sliced red chilli
If you are going to eat it hot...
3. Stir the coconut into the rice followed by the veg mix then enjoy
If you are making it for your lunchbox...
3. Spread the rice out in a thin layer on a baking tray and allow to cool quickly
4. Stir the veg mix into the cooled rice and put in your lunchbox
5. Sprinkle the coconut on the top when you are ready to enjoy it
If you'd like to make it a bit more filling you can up the protein by topping this tasty treat with some cajun salmon, refried beans, cooked black beans, some chicken or any other leftovers you think will work.